Tilted Axes Concert of Colors Musicians Fund at 50%!
Thank you everybody who have so far supported our upcoming 27th Annual Concert of Colorsperformances at the Michigan Science Center and the Detroit Institute of Arts. We just crossed the 50% mark toward our goal of $4500. Your tax-deductible support goes toward our dozen and a half musicians for their time and talent, the cost of our rehersal space, cartage, ads, and other essentials that enables us to bring our performances free of cost to the public.
The festival itself and our partner museums provide excellent opportunities for the group to offer transformative experiences that are free of charge to the Detroit community. Still, Tilted Axes is entirely self-funded and relies on your generous support to pay for its musicians, rehearsal space, and other administrative costs. Please consider joining our team and contribute to Detroit’s musical history!
This month will see the completion of a particular project that has long been a dream of mine: music for live ensemble in a planetarium. The idea is to engage the public in science through music and art. Thanks to the 27th Annual Concert of Colors, the Michigan Science Center, and the Detroit Institute of Arts, I’ve had the opportunity to develop new music for Tilted Axes: Music for Mobile Electric Guitars that commemorates the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11’s lunar landing in a work titled, “MOONWALK.” My aim is to take this newly developed piece and similar work to other planetariums across the country in the months and years to come.
By becoming a co-producer of our event, you are eligible for all kinds of awards like CDs, T-Shirts, etc.
Go to: https://fundraising.fracturedatlas.org/tilted-axes-music-for-mobile-electric-guitars/campaigns/2770
* * * * * * *
Meet the performers and producers of Tilted Axes Detroit: Concert of Colors HERE
Tilted Axes is…
With the project is in its ninth year, its surprising to hear when some people find it unclear what Tilted Axes is or is not. Here’s a short list of 10 things that was created to point people in the right direction. Pardon the third person…
1. Tilted Axes is a musical project created by composer Patrick Grant.
2. Tilted Axes is a procession of electric guitarists who wear mini-amps.
3. Tilted Axes can perform anywhere there are people, excelling in untraditional venues.
4. Tilted Axes’ roster of musicians can change from performance to performance, city to city.
5. Tilted Axes’ musicians learn a common repertoire created by PG and rehearse it in workshops.
6. Tilted Axes performances are free to the public and are supported through institutional and/or private donations.
7. Tilted Axes takes on aspects of spectacle informed by municipal band tradition, avant-garde theater, and world music.
8. Tilted Axes takes music out into the world and seeks transformative projects meant to change community conversation.
9. Tilted Axes is an apolitical organization, but it does support science, arts programs, and renewable energy whenever possible.
10. Tilted Axes works best when it is part of something bigger than itself i.e. festivals, exhibitions, community initiatives, astronomical events.
Every little will help create a new musical work that will resonate for a long time.
Thank you all for your time and consideration,
Patrick Grant & Tilted Axes: Music for Mobile Electric Guitars